As we leave 2011 behind, we bring expectation and excitement into the entry into 2012. Spiritual enrichment and depth of understanding are at the top of our list, and if you are reading this blog, we imagine it is on yours as well. Here is a quick activity to get you started into 2012 in the right direction. It is great to do on New Year’s Eve — and a wonderful tool to generate powerful discussions! We’d be interested in hearing your experiences as you completed this activity.
Part 1: Looking Back
Grab a pen and quickly jot down your first-impression answers to the following questions:
- What was the best decision I made in 2011?
- What was the one thing I would change about 2011 if I could?
- What was the most exciting and fun thing I did in 2011?
- What was the best lesson I learned in 2011?
- Who made the biggest impact on my life in 2011?
- What was the best book I read in 2011? Why?
- What was the best movie I saw in 2011? Why?
- What one change did I make that was worth the risk in 2011?
- What was the biggest change in my Spiritual practice in 2011?
Part 2: Looking Forward
Now jot down your first-impression answers to these questions:
- If I could capture my vision for 2012 in just ONE WORD, what would that word be?
- What is my biggest fear as I move into 2012?
- What idea keeps popping into my Consciousness that really excites me?
- What three changes would I like to make in my life experience during 2012?
- If I could make just one change in my personal Spiritual practice during 2012, what would it be?
- What can I use as my personal motivator, to keep me moving forward when the world of appearance gets in my way?
Part 3: Reflection
Read over everything you have captured in your responses to the questions above. Then, go into the Silence and allow Spirit to reveal your plan for 2012. Be aware of the Divine Ideas that flow to you, and allow yourself to recognize your worthiness to receive the abundance that is ready to unfold before you this amazing year! Capture your thoughts and reflections in your journal, and use these notes to move you into the best year you have ever experienced … as you walk the spiritual path on practical feet!Revs. Drs. Bil and Cher Holton are co-ministers of a growing church in Durham, NC. They are prolific authors, dynamic speakers, and master facilitators. Learn more by visiting them at www.TheMetaphysicalWebsite.com