There are three things you need to know before we begin our metaphysical interpretation of the Biblical reference John 8:2-11:
We all have the same life purpose: We are here to fully express the Christ within
We’ve all got the same decision to make: We can choose to accept our divinity and follow the guidance that comes from our Christ Consciousness — or not.
There is only one story in the Bible: And that story is about our using more won’t power than will power when it comes to “practicing the Presence.”
The story we’re going to share is one example of that on-again-off-again saga. It comes from the 8th Chpt. of John’s gospel, verses 2-11:
2. Early in the morning he came again to the temple: (When we are centered in Spirit, we begin each day connected to our Christ Nature. Jesus stands for that aspect in us that understands our Christ potential and is our unfolding pattern of perfection.). All the people came to him and he sat down and began to teach them: (The more we intentionally “practice the Presence,” the more guidance we will receive).
3. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery and made her stand before all of them: (Our judgmentalness which oftentimes turns out to be hypocrisy, is represented by the Pharisees. It tries to keep us stuck in the letter of the law so we stay in the tight box of dogma and doctrine. The personality tries to discredit our receptivity to truth principles, represented by the woman, by pointing out our failures).
4. They said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of committing adultery: (Protected by its self-righteousness hypocrisy, our ego even manufactures ways to make us feel less spiritual, while at the same time hypocritically hiding behind its own shortcomings).
5. Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6.They said this to test Him, so that they might have some charge to bring against Him: (Moses as an adult represents that within us that identifies more with the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the law. Our judgmental nature tests our spiritual growth because it wants us to stick with the status quo).
Jesus bent down and wrote with His finger on the sand. ( This signifies our Christ Self lowering itself into our sense chakra to purify it. We re-awaken to the fact that we are spiritual beings having a human experience).
7.When they kept on questioning Him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her.” (We remind ourselves that our old tapes have no power over us).
8.And once again He bent down and wrote on the ground: ( Our I Am Consciousness lowers Itself a second time to strengthen us and to bring us into a right relationship with our Christ Nature).
9. When they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the elders: (When the Spirit moves, its powerful vibration dissolves even the oldest, most encrusted beliefs, assumptions and prejudices causing them to lose their resonance and fade away). And Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before Him: (Once we put the noise of our judgmentalness aside we stand firm in our awareness of our true nature).
10. Jesus straightened up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?: “ (When we allow that still, small voice to guide us we have dominion over any and all negativity).
11. She said, “No one, Sir.”: (We can state emphatically, through affirmations and denials, that nothing can separate us from our good). And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again: (Our I Am Presence sees only the good in us. Once we become consciously one with our God- Self by going to Headquarters, we will hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil. All we have to do is use more will power than won’t power so we don’t miss the mark).
This story is about you. It’s about all of us. It’s about our evolution in spiritual consciousness. It reminds us to remember who we really are, so we can accept and enjoy our divinity here and now.
We invite your thoughts, comments, insights, and questions.About the Authors: Combine a flair for the dramatic, a deep understanding of metaphysics combined with the teachings of Jesus, and a zest for ministry, and you have defined the dynamic duo who are at the heart of The Metaphysical Website.Revs. Drs. Bil and Cher Holton are co-ministers of a growing church in Durham, NC, prolific authors, and dynamic speakers. Learn more by visiting them at www.TheMetaphysicalWebsite.com